Hello from NOVA

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Sounds2Good
Beginner
Beginner

Hello from NOVA

Post by Sounds2Good »

I met Bill and Lew back in 1976 or 1977 when they brought a prototype of the Conrad-Johnson PV-1 preamp to Audio Associates where I was working. Before then and afterwards I had many different components in my system. Once I heard and subsequently bought a PV-1, C-J equipment has always been a constant in my systems.

I'm planning an upgrade of what I have now, including a remodel of my basement listening area. My system is not operating at the moment but the components I have are a Conrad-Johnson ET-250, a T+A PDP 3000 HV CD/SACD/DAC "player", a UDP-1 Deluxe universal player being used by a friend, a Sony SCD-1, the original SACD player, VMPS RM-40 loudspeakers and various audio cables and power cables.

I hope to discuss room acoustics, music, cables and power conditioning, incorporating video into my system and of course C-J components.

My musical tastes are varied, just about everything except most rap, although I try to keep an open mind about all kinds of music.

Because I'm legally-blind I've converted entirely to digital sources, I couldn't live with myself if i damaged the kind of phono cartridges I've owned in the past, especially given their prices today.

I'm looking forward to conversing with my C-J friends, old and new.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from NOVA

Post by admin »

Welcome, it's great to have you with us. Let us know how the system sounds once you get it all together. Take care!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.