New member in Alaska

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
smksoundpro
New User
New User

New member in Alaska

Post by smksoundpro »

Hello! This is my first post, and have a CJ PV1 preamp that I bought in 1992 and never really used it. It sat for many years with a plan to use it wit my DYNACO MKIII amps, but life got in the way. Now, last year before I left my full-time job I started replacing the caps in the pwr supply to clean up a hum in one of the channels. After setting up my home electronics shop, this was one if the 1st projects to get back on, and it does play, and I sold it on eBay, only to have the buyer complain that it has a voltage spike problem when switched to phono input. Fair, as I only passed a line level signal through it, and unable to even find my turn-table for months. Anyway, I returned his money and here it sits on my bench again. I am searching for a schematic, or maybe someone who knows more than I, to repair it, because I plan to keep it! Karma is a curious thing. Any help is appreciated! Scott Koeller in Anchorage, Alaska.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New member in Alaska

Post by admin »

First, welcome to the site. Nice to have you with us.

Take a look at the schematic which we have on file here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=128
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.