New Member from Long Island NY

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
daermonn
New User
New User

New Member from Long Island NY

Post by daermonn »

Hi all! I just picked up a MF200 mosfet-powered solid state amp to power my also-new Ascend Accoustics Sierra Towers RAAL. Together they sound absolutely fantastic, the RAAL Towers have incredibly fine detail and a very neutral response; the MF200s take them, add a ton of weight to the bass and midrange, and warm up the highs slightly without trampling the fine details. The amp itself is also gorgeous, I've always loved the CJ minimalism, and the MF200 feels solid and is heavy as hell. Definitely glad to be joining the CJ family. In the process of upgrading the rest of my system, looking for good deals.

What does everyone recommend with respect to service/maintenance? I'm not sure about the maintenance history on this amp. The previous owner hadn't been using it because the click and dull thump at power on/off concerned him, but I actually reached out to Conrad Johnson and they reassured me this was normal. I do want to have it looked over, however, to make sure there are no surprises and it's really in fine working order. What can I expect in terms of service/upkeep/upgrades, etc?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Member from Long Island NY

Post by admin »

Hi daermonn,
Welcome to CJO, it's great to have you with us. Congrats on the MF200, very nice.

I typically do not do "too much" in terms of maintenance. I think taking the cover off once a year and doing a visual inspection is always a good idea. Looking for any components that may be burning out, caps that may be bloating, signs of corrosion, etc. CJ is built to last and I've never really had any component failures (other than tubes) but of course as our equipment ages that is always a possibility. I agree, the "thud" with powering on is normal and is no cause for concern.

What components are you looking to upgrade? Again, welcome to the site.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.