McCormack DNA-750 vs CJ MF-2550SE vs Premier 350 ? ....

Conrad Johnson (in disguise)
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

McCormack DNA-750 vs CJ MF-2550SE vs Premier 350 ? ....

Post by joeinid »

Any thoughts on these amps as to sound quality?
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Re: McCormack DNA-750 vs CJ MF-2550SE vs Premier 350 ? ....

Post by Ray »

Hey Joe! :)

I've been wondering the same thing... it'll be hard to believe this new amp will out-do a 350 sound quality wise, but I guess we'll find out in due time.
PS way off subject, do you still use the EMM Dac2X? I'm beginning to look at DSD capable DACs and needless to say that one pops up.

Sorry, back on subject now.. :lol:
-------------------------------------------------
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
Custom Server running MC 23
Dual Synology 1512+ 12 TB total storage
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Hi Ray,

The weight of the MF-2550SE is about 35-40 lbs less than the Premier 350 which makes me wonder if the power or sound quality will be there but time will tell.

As for the DAC2X, no, I sold it and the TSDX transport. My Marantz SA-11S3 cd/sacd player and NA-11S1 network player took their place. You only need the NA-11S1 to stream music and play native DSD over USB. They are outstanding units and I am not sorry. Actually the detail on the Emm Labs was too much for me. The Marantz is smoother and more enjoyable.
jzaret
Regular
Regular

Post by jzaret »

I talked with CJ earlier this and asked about the 2550. He said yes it a definite reality and will be coming out. I told him I heard it was supposed to be as good or not better than the Premier 350 and he did not hesitate to say no it will not be as good as the Premier 350. He did indicate that it will be close but it will not close enough to call it a replacement and that the Premier 350 was the best solid state amp they ever made.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth.
:o
Jeff
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Thanks for the info Jeff. I am sure it will be nice. Can't wait to read user reviews.
Bathory
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Bathory »

Wow, no love for McCormack in here??

I love my Dna 750's. Not trading, nor would I ever sell them, I hope I get another 30 years from them.

Hands down the most powerful, accurate amps I've heard. From the subtle chords of an acoustic guitar, to the sheer brutality of a Gary Moore solo They go from mild mannered beautifully soft to a rabid rhino shi*ting glass in a millisecond.

Listening to lee Aaron, the who, kreator, mercyful fate, John Denver, seals & crofts, to the bombardment of malevolent creation, I have yet to hear any amp with as much headroom, finesse, and, Balls as these. They are simply amazing. Too b ad there are hardly any posts in here about them, nor is there much info about them. They are amazing.