DNA-750s

Conrad Johnson (in disguise)
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

DNA-750s

Post by jeffreybehr »

I bought this pair, refurb'd, directly from c-j after Lew Johnson told me they were the best-sounding amps ever to wear the McC name. They drive VERY well my much-loved Vandersteen 5As and rather brought the latter and my music system 'to life' after I had been using various lower-power multiple amps on the 5As.

I've improved some parts in them--see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=104073.0 ...
...and they sound EXCELLENT--clean, detailed, transparent, smooth, absolutely effortless, highly musical without sounding too 'warm', and never dark.

I love 'em and can't imagine what I'd replace them with.
Last edited by jeffreybehr on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DNA-750s

Post by admin »

Truly a beautiful peace. I would love to try them out with my system! I don't think I could give up my CJ Evolution 2000's but the DNA-750 looks really nice with some great specs. Congrats!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
antaresbluespirit
Pro
Pro

Re: DNA-750s

Post by antaresbluespirit »

jeffreybehr wrote:I bought this pair, refurb'd, directly from c-j after Lew Johnson told me they were the best-sounding amps ever to wear the McC name. They drive VERY well my much-loved Vandersteen 5As and rather brought the latter and my music system 'to life' after I had been using various lower-power multiple amps on the 5As.

I've improved some parts in them--see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=104073.0 ...
...and they sound EXCELLENT--clean, detailed, transparent, smooth, absolutely effortless, highly musical without sounding too 'warm', and never dark.

I love 'em and can't imagine what I'd replace them with.
Great amp indeed! congratulations..

I t proves difficult to find second hand Mc Cormak in Europe in general.....the brand is well appreciated in US and any MC C does not stay so long in audiogon ...I noticed

Raymond