McCormack DNA .05 amp

Conrad Johnson (in disguise)
Whitestix
Regular
Regular

McCormack DNA .05 amp

Post by Whitestix »

I overpaid a bit for this amp, but it is absolutely stellar. At a price of $600 or $700, this is a wonderful amp, powerful, detailed and very dynamic. I am sending it to SMc for their latest upgrades. Highly recommended.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: McCormack DNA .05 amp

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Nice one mate!

I am not very familiar with the Mcormack line up. Although I have listened to them quite extensively at my CJ dealer chappy's driving Vandersteen's, must say they do sound quite awesome indeed! I am sure you're very happy with this amp, since it sounds like it delivers exactly what you're after, and that's the main thing regardless of cost. I sincerely think the price paid was quite good! Less than a grand for high-end audio and a well respected name such as Mcormack- that's a fair deal!

Cheers mate, and enjoy the music!
RJ
Whitestix
Regular
Regular

Post by Whitestix »

Thanks for your post. I gotta say that in stock form, this is a stunningly fine amp, truly. I contemplated their Gold upgrade at a cost of $1600, and it might very well be worthwhile, but it is a roll of the dice with the best amp I have ever heard in my system. Mods are poor investment unless it is for legacy gear. My next step upward in sonic improvement would be a used Pass Labs amp, but the coin of the realm is a constraint. Cheers, Mark
PV-3Joey
Beginner
Beginner

Post by PV-3Joey »

Hi. I wonder how my PV-3 would pair up with this amp
Rega Planar 3 from the 80’s fitted with the RG300 arm and an Exact II Cartridge
c-j PV-3
Adcom 5400
Hafler 101
Audio Alchemy DTI PRO DDE 3.0
Magnepan SMGa
API Powerwedge 116
Adcom 515
AVR and UPS
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you are looking for high-quality solid-state sound, can't go bad with the McCormack. It will deliver over 100 watts into each channel which your magenpan's would benefit from as they are relatively insensitive speakers. You don't have to go with solid-state but it does offer ample power at a relatively inexpensive price when compared to tube options.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.