McCormack DNA .05 amp

Conrad Johnson (in disguise)
Whitestix
Regular
Regular

McCormack DNA .05 amp

Post by Whitestix » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:38 pm

I overpaid a bit for this amp, but it is absolutely stellar. At a price of $600 or $700, this is a wonderful amp, powerful, detailed and very dynamic. I am sending it to SMc for their latest upgrades. Highly recommended.

Big Dog RJ
Master
Master

Re: McCormack DNA .05 amp

Post by Big Dog RJ » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:23 am

Nice one mate!

I am not very familiar with the Mcormack line up. Although I have listened to them quite extensively at my CJ dealer chappy's driving Vandersteen's, must say they do sound quite awesome indeed! I am sure you're very happy with this amp, since it sounds like it delivers exactly what you're after, and that's the main thing regardless of cost. I sincerely think the price paid was quite good! Less than a grand for high-end audio and a well respected name such as Mcormack- that's a fair deal!

Cheers mate, and enjoy the music!
RJ

Whitestix
Regular
Regular

Re: McCormack DNA .05 amp

Post by Whitestix » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:03 pm

Thanks for your post. I gotta say that in stock form, this is a stunningly fine amp, truly. I contemplated their Gold upgrade at a cost of $1600, and it might very well be worthwhile, but it is a roll of the dice with the best amp I have ever heard in my system. Mods are poor investment unless it is for legacy gear. My next step upward in sonic improvement would be a used Pass Labs amp, but the coin of the realm is a constraint. Cheers, Mark