Premier One-b

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
AdamInHiltonHead
New User
New User

Premier One-b

Post by AdamInHiltonHead »

I recently acquired a CJ Premier One-b in excellent condition. I acquired it from a local friend who was selling the components of an extraordinary system. He works for Gulfstream and he is meticulous about all things technical. We share a hobby/passion for high performance engines and modifying them. He has recently updated the tubes and from the marking/CJ label/s applied to the rear - it has gone through CJ's upgrades. It is in pristine condition - and I'm probably in the right place to have some of you understand that it is NO fun to carry! I read somewhere that only several hundred were produced. At this point, I am looking for advice as to its value - whether how that is best utilized by me or to an enthusiast who may be looking for such a beauty. I will happily answer any questions, take advice on how I should best use it. I have only heard it twice - both at my friend's home. I have never hooked it up at home - but I do have the bug. I have a pair of Bose 901's that I actually won selling them in college (in the 80s). I never used them much and they sat in storage for most of the time at my folk's home. About 2 years ago - I took advantage of Bose's awesome deal that includes shipping and re-coning them. I only used them for several months 25 years ago and not once since the refit of the cones; simply due to the darn issue with the active equalizer. The active EQ wouldn't play nice with other components and I only had one system that needed to integrate Video/Entertainment. Now in my current large home, I've dedicated several rooms with premier sound systems and any advice as to the CJ and the Bose would be appreciated. The most obvious question would be the selection of a preamplifier. This may be the right time to revisit vinyl. So any advice as to finding the best home for a CJ enthusiast would be great. Any advice on how to establish an environment for her in my home is also fantastic! Thank you!