For sale: Coda/Legacy line drive pre and amp

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
eagle6014
Pro
Pro

For sale: Coda/Legacy line drive pre and amp

Post by eagle6014 »

Howdy! Today I am selling a used pair of Coda/Legacy products. I am the second owner having bought them last year in the Chicago area. The High Current pre was sent off to Coda in Sept of 2014 for an update which included a new main pot and some unlisted caps were also replaced. Now it does have a remote, but it doesn't work. Yes I checked the batteries. I cannot tell if it's the remote that is bad or the pre that cannot receive. The L200 amp is all original having never needing repair. Both are cosmetically in great shape. I've taken good care of them and the original owner took really good care of them. Hardly any marks anywhere. Now they are old dating back to the late 90's. But some of the best gear around, as we all know, are the classics.

When I had them hooked up to my Legacy Studio HD's, the bass control was unreal. Talk about control. This amp eventually convinced me that the new solid state MF2550 was in my future. And now again I have too much stuff. I really wanted to make this into a second system, but I have no extra room. Plus I want my focus to be on my C-J gear. Now aside form the bass control, this combo is really quiet. I mean dead silence. No faint back ground hiss tubes produce. The over all dynamics of these two are impressive. But if there was one thing I learned really fast is that they don't sound that good apart from each other. I matched the amp to my ET3SE and it missed the mark on the soundstage. The 3D imaging just didn't really shine through. It was there, just a bit narrow for me. But again, together they rock! That is why I will sell them as a pair. Now for $1600 they are yours. I will absorb the Paypal and shipping costs at my asking price. Cash n' carry in Chicagoland gets a discount. I will not ship outside the lower 48 b/c these two are very heavy. You can email me directly eagle6014@yahoo.com anytime.
Attachments
Coda front.jpg
Coda front.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 356 times
Coda rear.jpg
Coda rear.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 356 times
Michael w
New User
New User

Re: For sale: Coda/Legacy line drive pre and amp

Post by Michael w »

Is this amp still available?