Martin Logan Vantage Speakers w/ upgraded feet -- SOLD!

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Martin Logan Vantage Speakers w/ upgraded feet -- SOLD!

Post by admin »

I am selling my Martin Logan Vantage speakers. They are in perfect condition and I have the original boxes as well. These are some wonderful high end speakers and the only reason I am selling them is that I just bought a pair of new speakers and do not have use for these.

Asking $2500 plus shipping.

They have been gently used in a smoke/pet/child free home.

I would prefer local pickup so you can demo them if you would like, and to also not have to ship these very large and heavy speakers.

PLEASE NOTE: They will come with their "stock spike speaker feet" as standard as opposed to the brass feet shown in the picture. If you would like to buy the Mapleshade Threaded Heaveyfeet (x8), brass anti-vibration replacement spiked speaker feet (MSRP $350.00), I can sell you those for an additional $200.

Please let me know if you have any questions, thank you.

I have this listed on ebay for $2700 (w/ $250 flat shipping rate anywhere in the US). For CJO members I would drop the price to $2500 for the speakers and charge actual shipping rate.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Logan-Va ... 6016.l4276

See ebay link for more pictures.
ML_Vantage.JPG
ML_Vantage.JPG (27.04 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
http://www.martinlogan.com/products/vantage

Specs:

Frequency Response
34–23,000 Hz ±3dB

Horizontal Dispersion
30°

Vertical Dispersion
40" (102cm) line source

High Frequency Transducer
XStat™ CLS™ electrostatic transducer

» Panel Dimensions
40" × 9.3" (101.6 × 23.6cm)

» Radiating Area
372 in2 (2,398 cm2)

Low Frequency Transducer
8" (20.3cm) cast basket, high excursion, aluminum cone with extended throw drive assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format, bass reflex

Amplifier
Woofer: 200 watts/channel (4 ohms)

Sensitivity
92 dB/2.83 volts/meter

Impedance
4 Ohms, 1 at 20kHz. Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.

Recommended Amplifier Power
20‒500 watts per channel

Crossover Frequency
400Hz

Components
Custom-wound audio transformer, air core coils, polypropylene capacitors

Audio Controls
±10dB at 35Hz

Inputs
Custom 5-way bi-wire binding posts

Power Draw
Idle: 8W/channel
Max: 140W/channel

Weight
52 lbs. (23.6 kg)

Dimensions
57" × 10.7" × 16.25"
(144.7cm × 27.3cm × 41.3cm)
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Mr_BT
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Re: For Sale: Martin Logan Vantage Speakers w/ upgraded feet

Post by Mr_BT »

See you are selling your Logans. I wonder what would be your next step? Did you eventually get Statement E2?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mr_BT wrote:See you are selling your Logans. I wonder what would be your next step? Did you eventually get Statement E2?
My new heavily modified Magnepan 20.1's with custom stands should be arriving in the next week or two. :)

I actually put a bid on a pair of Statement E2's about a year ago. It was one of those, I might as well put in a low offer and see if I get lucky. Needless to say, I did not.... :)
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Mr_BT
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by Mr_BT »

Well.....sad to see you leaving ML circle. Make sure to share your impressions of your new speakers. I've been very curious about Magnepans.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I love my Vantages, they are some really excellent speakers and I will miss them. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future I will be buying more Martin Logans. The truth of the matter is that I love the sound of planar speakers. My choice of buying new speakers came from a desire to have a completely planar speaker that could reproduce the low end accurately. The first speaker I looked at was the Martin Logan CLX line... unfortunately they were simply out of my price range. I had demoed some Magnepan 1.7's and 3.7's and although they sounded incredible on the mid to high range (actually incredible for their low price), the low end was simply not there (to the degree that I wanted). The magnepan 20.1's offer the frequency spectrum of the ML CLX's but at a lower price point. I am a fairly active member at www.martinloganowners.com and I plan to continue that even if I am currently not a ML owner.... I don't think they will mind. :) Who knows, maybe some CLX's show up for a good price and I may have to try those out.

For anybody interested in getting some Planar speakers I highly recommend both Martin Logan's and Magnepan. Both top brands in my opinion.
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Martin Logan Vantage Speakers w/ upgraded feet -- SOLD!

Post by admin »

SOLD!!

I had to say goodbye to my Vantages and the mapleshade speaker feet. I will miss them. Now on to setting up my new Magnepan 20.1's,... pictures soon to follow.
-admin