SOLD: Conrad-Johnson Premier 140 with C1 Upgrade

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

SOLD: Conrad-Johnson Premier 140 with C1 Upgrade

Post by Joe Appierto »

Price reduced to $4,500 including shipping and PayPal fees if the buyer goes that route.

The Premier 140 had the Conrad-Johnson C1 Teflon capacitor upgrade done July, 2012 at which time they went over the amp to make sure everything was up to spec. The amp has since clocked over 1,000 hours on it so the caps are fully broken in although I imagine some reforming will be needed once it's put back in service. The upgrade was $2,300 so with the original list price of $7,500 that comes to $9,800. The C1 upgrade made a considerable improvement to the amp's performance.

Included are 2 HiFi-Tuning 38mm Special Gold fuses that are in the amp + 4 KTK-1 fuses from C-J as spares. Also included are 8 SED =C= 6550C and the stock Sovtek 6922 input tube Prior to the capacitor upgrade by Conrad-Johnson, I thought the 6550C were okay but nothing that special. For whatever reason, they're now near the top of the list as my preference with the 140.

Finally, there are the tube cage, C-J power cord, 2 o-rings for the input tube, the biasing wand and manual.

Although the Premier 140 is 10 years old, between time spent in storage and my using another amp, it has seen only a little over 4 years actual use. It's rated an 8 for age only.
Last edited by Joe Appierto on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
mgomez
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Conrad-Johnson Premier 140 with C1 Teflon Capacitor Upgr

Post by mgomez »

Did you sell this amp? Thanks, MG
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: Conrad-Johnson Premier 140 with C1 Teflon Capacitor Upgr

Post by Joe Appierto »

Nope. It's still available.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets