Queen ‎– Greatest Hits (CD)

CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, mp3 (yes, I said it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it), laserdisc...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Queen ‎– Greatest Hits (CD)

Post by admin »

Queen ‎– Greatest Hits
Label: Hollywood Records ‎– HR-61265-2
Format: CD, Compilation
Released: 1992
Genre: Rock
Style: Pop Rock, Arena Rock
Barcode: 7 2061-61265-2 8

Tracklist
1 We Will Rock You 2:02
2 We Are The Champions 3:02
3 Another One Bites The Dust 3:37
4 Killer Queen 3:01
5 Somebody To Love 4:57
6 Fat Bottomed Girls 4:16
7 Bicycle Race 3:03
8 You're My Best Friend 2:52
9 Crazy Little Thing Called Love 2:44
10 Now I'm Here 4:15
11 Play The Game 3:32
12 Seven Seas Of Rhye 2:48
13 Body Language 4:34
14 Save Me 3:49
15 Don't Stop Me Now 3:31
16 Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy 2:55
17 I Want To Break Free 4:22

Review:
I bought this CD new from a gohastings.com sale a few months ago and finally had a chance to spin the CD. I have always been a fan of queen. They really had a unique sound and exemplified 70's and 80's british rock.

Music:
As a "greatest hits" cd, there is a nice collection of Queen's music here. There are numerous greatest hits CD's for queen that have been released through the years, Wikipedia article on Queen's Greatest hits releases. There are some tracks that I would have liked to see such as One Vision, Flash, Bohemian Rhapsody, Who Wants to Live Forever, etc... but there is only so much room on the CD. My favorite track on this particular disc was the last one on the disk, "I Want To Break Free." How good was it? Well,... when the significant other comes into to the room to dance around, you know your listening to a good song. :)

Audio Quality:
This was a disc released in 1992. Overall it was a very good sounding disc. I think CD's released around this time sound pretty good as they had mastered digital recording but it was right before they started loudness wars. Great dynamics and the soundstage is nothing short of amazing. Lots of right and left channel effects.

Conclusion:
I would give this a high recommendation and if your a queen fan it's a must own (unless you already own all the material already).
Attachments
Queen  ‎–  Greatest Hits
Queen ‎– Greatest Hits
RedGreatestHitsQuennalbumcover.png (84.47 KiB) Viewed 3091 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.