Ennio Morricone - We All Love Ennio Morricone (CD)

CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, mp3 (yes, I said it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it), laserdisc...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ennio Morricone - We All Love Ennio Morricone (CD)

Post by admin »

Various ‎– We All Love Ennio Morricone
Label: Sony Classical – 88697-06590-2
Format: CD, Compilation, Mixed
Released: 20 Feb 2007
Genre: Classical, Electronic, Jazz, Pop, Rock
Style: Rock & Roll, Pop Rock, Classical, Avantgarde, Symphonic Rock, Heavy Metal, Contemporary

Track Listings
1. Knew I Loved You - Celine Dion
2. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Quincy Jones featuring Herbie Hancock
3. Once Upon a Time in the West - Bruce Springsteen
4. Conradiana - Andrea Bocelli
5. The Ecstacy of Gold - Metallica
6. Malena - Yo-Yo Ma
7. Come Sail Away - Renée Fleming
8. Gabriel's Oboe - Ennio Morricone
9. Conmigo - Daniela Mercury featuring Eumir Deodato
10. La Luz Prodigiosa - Dulce Pontes
11. Love Affair - Chris Botti
12. Je Cangerais d'Avis - Vanessa and The O's
13. Lost Boys Calling -Roger Waters
14. The Tropical Variation - Ennio Morricone
15. Could Heaven Be - Denyce Graves
16. Addio Monti - TaroMonti - Taro Hakase
17. Cinema Paradiso - Ennio Morricone

Review:

So I recently played this little gem and it's one of those CD's that offer a great variety of performances from different artists. When listening to this CD you will no doubt recognize some of cinema's most memorable soundtracks. However, due to highly varied artists take on these songs it will be a new experience. Let's face it, what's the last time you heard Metallica playing Ennio Morricone?

Some of the highlights include track 1 with a very clear and dynamic Celine Dion. Track 12 is sung in French and has a very wide soundstage. And then my personal favorite from the disc is Track 13 sung by Pink Floyd's one and only Roger Waters. His vocals on this track are some of the most clear and subtle lyrics I have ever heard.

The audio quality of the disc is a strong 4/5 with some variation. Many of these songs no doubt were mastered in different studies over the past decade. This makes for a somewhat varying mix. However, there is nothing "terrible" and a few quite outstanding tracks that is sure to please audiophiles (track 13 is one of these).

This disc can be picked up for pretty cheap on the used market and I highly recommend it if you are a fan of Ennio Morricone soundtracks.

For a detailed list of who was involved making each track you can find it here on the discogs.com listing.
Attachments
We All Love Ennio Morricone CD Cover
We All Love Ennio Morricone CD Cover
51oQZH0RvRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (27.74 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.