Cyndi Lauper: The Body Acoustic (CD)

CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, mp3 (yes, I said it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it), laserdisc...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cyndi Lauper: The Body Acoustic (CD)

Post by admin »

Cyndi Lauper: The Body Acoustic

Audio CD (November 8, 2005)
Original Release Date: 2005
Number of Discs: 1
Format: Dual Disc
Label: Sony
ASIN: B000BKDOA2

Track Listings
1. Money Changes Everything (ft. Adam Lazzara)
2. All Through The Night (ft. Shaggy)
3. Time After Time (ft. Sarah McLachlan)
4. She Bop
5. Above The Clouds (ft. Jeff Beck)
6. I'll Be Your River (ft. Vivian Green)
7. Sisters Of Avalon (ft. Ani di Franco & Vivian Green)
8. Shine
9. True Colors
10. Water's Edge (ft. Sarah McLachlan)
11. Fearless
12. Girls Just Want To Have Fun (ft. Puffi AmiYumi)

Review:

I actually heard of this CD on another forum site and found it on gohastings.com for $2.50 (shipping included)! So I said, "what the hell". I have to say that I was very surprised. First thing to note is that this is NOT a "greatest hits" CD. The songs are totally reworked. The tempo, beat, and the way they are sung are completely different than what you remember hearing on the radio in the 80's. Also, there are some prominent artists that contributed their singing talents to the CD as you can see from the track listing. Pretty much all the songs are good with some excellent tracks. "True Colors" is my personal favorite on the disk. This is one that you can put in the player and hit play. You'll have an enjoyable hour.

The sonic quality of the disk is very very good. This was a surprise as I was not expecting an audiophile level authored disk. Dynamics and clarity are top notch and the voice quality is very good as well. In an added bonus, it's a Dual Disc so you can squeeze a little extra audiophile "oomph" out of that if you use a DVD player as your primary source.

Highly recommended purchase! :)
Attachments
Cyndi Lauper The Body Acoustic
Cyndi Lauper The Body Acoustic
Cyndi Lauper.jpg (62.86 KiB) Viewed 3707 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.