Vangelis - Themes (CD)

CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, mp3 (yes, I said it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it), laserdisc...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vangelis - Themes (CD)

Post by admin »

Vangelis ‎– Themes

Label: Polydor ‎– 839 518-2
Format: CD, Compilation
Released: 1989
Genre: Electronic, Stage & Screen
Style: Theme, Ambient

Tracklist
1 End Titles From "Bladerunner" 5:01
2 Main Theme From "Missing" 4:01
3 L'Enfant 5:02
4 Hymn 2:47
5 Chung Kuo 5:32
6 The Tao Of Love 2:46
7 Theme From "Antartica" 3:54
8 Love Theme From "Bladerunner" 5:00
9 Opening Titles From "Mutiny On The Bounty" 4:18
10 Closing Titles From "Mutiny On The Bounty" 5:00
11 Memories Of Green 5:44
12 La Petite Fille De La Mer 5:53
13 Five Circles 5:20
14 Chariots Of Fire 3:33

Review:

Music:
If you are not familiar with Vangelis you probably have heard some of his music and soundtracks before. He was the composer for many famous movies (most notable in the 80's and 90's). His electronic compositions are quite unique and wonderful. I would also recommend listening to some of his collaboration albums under the band name "Jon and Vangelis". Themes is a compilation disk of many of his most popular theme songs from movies. Everything from Chariots of Fire to Bladerunner. The entire album is very good and you can listen to all 14 tracks without any desire to skip.

Audio Quality:
Audio quality is very good especially considering that these were film scores from 30 years ago. I would give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars. No clicks, pops, or other artifacts. Dynamics are excellent.

Conclusion:
If you are a fan of Vangelis I would highly recommend you pick this CD up as soon as possible. Overall, it is a great lyric free album that you can sit in a dark room and just relax for an hour. Highly recommended.
Attachments
VangelisThemesCover.jpeg
VangelisThemesCover.jpeg (7.92 KiB) Viewed 4635 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.