Style: Minimal

Tracklist:

A Magnetic Fields Part 1 17:55
B1 Magnetic Fields Part 2 3:50
B2 Magnetic Fields Part 3 4:41
B3 Magnetic Fields Part 4 6:07
B4 Magnetic Fields Part 5 (The Last Rumba) 3:28

Review:

For those of you not familiar with Jarre, he is a very prominent and famous (mostly outside of the US) early artist in electronic music. He came to prominence in the 70's when electronic music still had one foot in analog and one in digital instruments. Here is the wikipedia article on Jarre. Although this disk is over 30 years old now, it still sounds good. It's a wonderful experience to listen to "electronic" music while much of the sound is based on analog technology. Jarre uses a variety and unique instruments and synthesizers. I'm reminded by much of Pink Floyd's earlier work when they dabbled in "new sounds".

The disk itself was fairly good audio quality. It doesn't sound as clean as something produced in the past decade but I think it was mastered really well. It does not sound like modern electronic music that is "overly perfect" but rather has more feeling. The songs have strong presence and a wide soundstage. Jarre likes to use sweeping sounds from one channel to the other and back again. This really gives a sense that your in front of a large stage. For those of you who have either never heard of Jarre, please go pick up some of his albums. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Oxygene is probably my favorite, so if you have to pick one, go with that (but Magnetic Fields is very good as well).

Overall, highly recommended.
Attachments
Jarre Magnetic Fields
Jarre Magnetic Fields
MagneticFields.jpeg (78.62 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.