Tchaikovsky's Greatest's Hits (Vol. 1) LP

Vinyl, tape, reel-to-reel, laserdisc...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tchaikovsky's Greatest's Hits (Vol. 1) LP

Post by admin »

Tchaikovsky's Greatest's Hits (Vol. 1)

Bernstein* - New York Philharmonic*, Ormandy* - Philadelphia Orchestra* ‎– Tchaikovsky's Greatest's Hits (Vol. 1)
Label: CBS – M 39433
Format: Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Stereo
Released: 1984
Genre: Classical

Tracklist:

A1 Trepak (From "The Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a ") 1:00
A2 New York Philharmonic* – Waltz Of The Flowers (From "The Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a ") Conductor – Leonard Bernstein 6:24
A3 Philadelphia Orchestra, The – Andante Cantabile (From " Symphony, No. 5 In E Minor, Op. 64 ") Conductor – Eugene Ormandy 13:31
B1 Philadelphia Orchestra, The – Waltz (From "Serenade For Strings, Op. 48") Conductor – Eugene Ormandy 3:45
B3 New York Philharmonic* – 1812 Overture, Op. 49 Conductor – Leonard Bernstein 15:20

Review:

I picked this LP up at a yard sale this past summer for the total sum of $1. It was among a large collection of classical LP's that looked to be in Mint to Near Mint condition. I think overall it's a very nice disk. If you are a fan of classical music this is one that I am sure you would appreciate. Some of the most famous classical works are presented quite nicely.

As for audio quality I would give it a very strong 4 out of 5. The clarity is quite good but the dynamics are rather outstanding. It also has a nice wide soundstage so on some of the pieces you really feel like your sitting at the theater.

Overall good LP. If you are a fan of Tchaikovsky or can score the disk at a low price I recommend it.
Attachments
Tchaikovsky.JPG
Tchaikovsky.JPG (47.43 KiB) Viewed 3210 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.