A4 In Too Deep 5:02
B1 Anything She Does 4:09
B2 Domino 10:45
B2a Part One - In The Glow Of The Night
B2b Part Two - The Last Domino
B3 Throwing It All Away 3:51
B4 The Brazilian 4:50

Review:

So I was in Europe this past summer and I came across a small "hole-in-the-wall" record store that was not much bigger than my walk-in bedroom closet. They had some super cheap LP's and I figured what we really needed is a couple of extra LP's to carry around Europe for 2 weeks with an already limited luggage space situation. ;) So I picked out a few LP's and one of them was this classic Genesis LP. When I got home that day, my fiancée looked at me and asked where I planed to store that. I assured her that there is plenty of space, and carrying it through the next five countries we would visit will not be a problem. :? When we finally got back state side, this sat on the shelf for quite awhile due to the record being fairly filthy. A few months later I filled my "spin clean" record cleaner and put this baby in for a wash. I have to say that the "spin cleaner" usually does a great job of cleaning even the dirtiest LP's but this one still had some noticeable grime even after cleaning. In retrospect I really should have cleaned it two or three times. Unfortunately, when I played the record there was obviously a lot of surface noise. No big pops or clicks, I think the larger particles were removed, but there was a constant background noise which I think is due to that "grime" I was referring to earlier. I wanted to go through this little introduction as I do not want to taint the review with the poor condition of my particular disc.

So let's get to the music and the overall quality of LP. This was a Yugoslavian made LP. Not to bash Yugoslavia, but clearly I was not expecting much (especially since I paid about $1.50 for the record). I have to admit that I was very pleasantly surprised how dynamic the music audio was during playback. If it wasn't for the dirt that created the constant background noise I would say this is a top notch LP in terms of audio quality. Very dynamic and excellent clarity. I really can't wait until I do some more record washing because I want to try and clean this particular LP up to the best of my ability. It really shined and if it was clean I think it would be truly excellent.

As for the music, this is Genesis in the hay day of the mid 80's. Side A is the real gem and it's full of their biggest hits. Invisible Touch and Land of Confusion are my two favorites of the entire album. They are good songs and sound great. I'm not a crazed Genesis or Phil Collins fan, but they sound damn good on this record. If you like Genesis or have fond memories of 80's pop music then this is definitely something you want in your collection.

If you are ever wandering the streets in Europe and find this Yugoslavian release, I highly recommend it! :)
Attachments
Genesis ‎– Invisible Touch LP Cover
Genesis ‎– Invisible Touch LP Cover
Genesis_Invisible_Touch_LP_Cover.jpeg (119.85 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Genesis ‎– Invisible Touch

Post by admin »

I just wanted to chime in that I recently bought the CD of this album and I wanted to make a quick comparison to the LP.

I am not going to do a formal review of the album as I did for the LP but I should note that the music is quite excellent. I am torn as to which version I like as LP has more "musicality" but unfortunately my copy suffers from significant noise. Likewise, the CD version is clean, but slightly less "musical." I recently acquired a CJ D/A-2b which significantly helps but I think if I had to choose CD vs a clean LP, I would go with the LP. Currently, I think I would prefer my CD copy but hopefully in the future I can grab a less abused LP of the album as it's quite good.

Label: Virgin – GEN CD2
Format: CD, Album
Released: 1986
Genre: Electronic, Rock, Pop
Style: Soft Rock, Synth-pop, Ballad
Barcode: 5012981238520
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.