PV-10A Right Channel

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
j30g20
Beginner
Beginner

PV-10A Right Channel

Post by j30g20 »

Hello
Could use a little advice. I have a CJ PV-10A and a CJ MF-2300 hooked to a Rega Planet and a VPI TNT Mark V TT. Just had new tubes set in the PV-10a. CD's with the Rega sound perfect. Turntable produces sound only on the left side. Swapped cables with different pair; no change. Replaced new tubes with original tubes; no change. Changed connections to TT from one side to other; sound moves with change to right in lieu of left with left silent. Checked Grado cartridge connections; all firm. Tried my Pro-Ject TT; no change. Tried my tuner and have sound from both sides. I am assuming that I have a phono stage problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated. :|
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PV-10A Right Channel

Post by admin »

First, welcome to the site. It's nice to have you.

If I am following you right, you seem to have a problem in the left channel on the phono section of the PV10? We do have the PV10 schematics in our database. See if you can trace the signal path based on the schematic and the circuit board. Narrow it down to the left channel and move along the path with the hopes you can identify a falty component or maybe even just a bad connection. Hope that helps. Let us know how it turns out.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
j30g20
Beginner
Beginner

Re: PV-10A Right Channel

Post by j30g20 »

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestions. Problem is fixed, schematics were helpful and let's just say that the grand kids no longer play in the music room....