Power Switch Out On Conrad Johnson MF2200

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
Gregory Earl
Regular
Regular

Power Switch Out On Conrad Johnson MF2200

Post by Gregory Earl »

Hey guys,I have a what I think is a unique problem with my MF2200. The power switch went out the other night when I tried to turn it off. Only way I can turn it off is by unplugging the unit which is not good in a system I know. I'm wondering if this is an easy fix or if I'm going to be out of 500 bucks or so sending back to the factory?

I'd appreciate any help anyone here can offer. Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Power Switch Out On Conrad Johnson MF2200

Post by admin »

First, welcome to CJO!

If you think it is just the switch it would be probably much cheaper to order a new switch from CJ. I would first unplug the unit (you don't want to electrocute yourself), then test the continuity with a multimeter to make sure that it is indeed the switch that is broken. Once confirmed, contact CJ for a replacement which should not cost too much.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Gregory Earl
Regular
Regular

Post by Gregory Earl »

OK,I'll get a meter and look into it a bit further. Thanks for the reply.
AudioDon
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by AudioDon »

I realize this is an old thread, but when I wanted to control my MF2200 from I switched outlet, I called CJ and they said it was ok.
Don
Gregory Earl
Regular
Regular

Post by Gregory Earl »

Guys, I don't know what happened but a few days later I turned on my MF2200 and ithe switch worked and when I turned it off the switch worked again. Hum?

Was I drinking too much that night or is it an intermittent problem? Who knows? But it is working now so sorry to bother you guys though I'm glad I found this place.
Gregory Earl
Regular
Regular

Post by Gregory Earl »

OK. Now the switch is out for good. I can't turn off the unit other than unplugging it. I'm betting this is a 500 dollar fix including shipping if I send it to Virgina.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

Gregory Earl wrote:OK. Now the switch is out for good. I can't turn off the unit other than unplugging it. I'm betting this is a 500 dollar fix including shipping if I send it to Virgina.
Have you contacted c-j?

FWIW, I have a pair of c-j-manufactured McCormack DNA-750 poweramps with switches fried closed.
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."