PV10A Problem

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
dmzark
New User
New User

PV10A Problem

Post by dmzark »

Hello from Manchester, MD. I have a PV10A with a problem. The right channel in the phono section is completely dead. Not even hum. Here's what I've tried: Reversed RCA's from turntable at input of CJ. Swapped V1 & V2. Replaced V1, V2 & V3. Right channel always stays completely dead. . I presume my problem lies in the phono section around V2 or V3. CD's play oK. I also removed RCA inputs from turntable and can hear hum in left channel, right channel completely dead. Visual check reveals no bad or broken connections. I have a digital multimeter but no O'scope. I have mid level electronics skills. Any help to troubleshoot is appreciated. Thanks, Dan
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PV10A Problem

Post by admin »

If it completely silent, I would probably just use the multimeter to check for a simple broken connection tracing the circuit from the right RCA input as far downstream as you can. It may be a faulty component, a small break in the circuit board somewhere. If you can identify the section you can then easily replace the part or fix the connection. I agree with you, it's most likely in the phono section if all the other inputs are working well.

We have the PV10 schematics in our database so you may want to look at that. My electronic skills are not very high either but I have used a multimeter before to find breaks in a circuit as it's simply placing the two probes on the circuit and going down until you lose the signal. Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.