Sick Premier 10

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
AfterMidnight
New User
New User

Sick Premier 10

Post by AfterMidnight »

My Premier 10 just developed a crackling noise in one of the channels. Replaced tube set but still there. From what little is out there about it seems CJ service is costly plus I'm concerned about shipping it, you never know what might happen to it. Is there a reputable tech in Philly/DE/NJ/NY I could take it to?

Thanks,
AM
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sick Premier 10

Post by admin »

Hi AM,
Welcome to cjo, nice to have you with us.

Did you do an inspection of the components to see if there is any damage seen (burn marks, bloating of cap, etc)? Sometimes "crackling" can be from a bad connection like a cold solder joint. You may want to gently push on the components in the effected channel with a nonconductive stick to see if putting pressure on the components/connections reproduces the crackling. It's a place to start at least.

I believe we have the schematics for the Premier 10 in the database so that may help you as well.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.