Preamplifier Premier 16Ls2 schematics wanted

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
ghibli.iron
Regular
Regular

Preamplifier Premier 16Ls2 schematics wanted

Post by ghibli.iron »

Hi All,

I'm looking for a copy of the schematic diagrams and parts list for conrad johnson premier 16 ls2
Anyone can help would be very much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Preamplifier Premier 16Ls2 schematics wanted

Post by admin »

Unfortunately, this is not something we have in our database at this time. If you do end up finding the schematics, if you could send them to me I can put it into our database to help other users.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
ghibli.iron
Regular
Regular

Post by ghibli.iron »

all I need to know the code of the power transformer, to see if you can adapt the input power from American 110V to italian 220V
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

ghibli, schematics are on the way and I've asked c-j if the power transformer can be rewired for 230VAC.

Now I have a request for you--could you shoot a couple good pics--well focused and at least, say, 3000 pixels wide--of the interior of the preamp, one from the front and one from the rear? If you can send me at least one, PM me and I'll send you my e-ddress.

Also FWIW, this one looks very easy to substantially improve the SQ, first by replacing the combo-4uF output coupling caps with something lots better. Next I'd replace the trios (one trio per channel) of 2uF/250V. PS-output caps feeding the B+ to the plate resistors.
Last edited by jeffreybehr on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Database updated with Premier 16 schematics as well as manual!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
ghibli.iron
Regular
Regular

Post by ghibli.iron »

many thanks

@jeffreybehr,

I have not the preamp, I am negotiating the purchase with the seller, as soon as I completed the purchase I will send you pictures. promised!
ghibli.iron
Regular
Regular

Post by ghibli.iron »

jeffreybehr wrote:ghibli, schematics are on the way and I've asked c-j if the power transformer can be rewired for 230VAC.

Now I have a request for you--could you shoot a couple good pics--well focused and at least, say, 3000 pixels wide--of the interior of the preamp, one from the front and one from the rear? If you can send me at least one, PM me and I'll send you my e-ddress.

Also FWIW, this one looks very easy to substantially improve the SQ, first by replacing the combo-4uF output coupling caps with something lots better. Next I'd replace the trios (one trio per channel) of 2uF/250V. PS-output caps feeding the B+ to the plate resistors.

hi jeffreyber
send me you mail address.
AudioDon
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by AudioDon »

Hey JeffreyBehr,
Would the upgrades you specified for the 16LS2 be applicable for a 16LS? What's the difference between the 2 models?
Do you have any other info about the upgrades you specified?

On a different topic, I have a Premier 14 that Music Technologies modded. They added small value TFT V-Caps in parallel with the existing PS caps and added Shottky Fast recovery diodes. It sounds a lot better, and actually very close to the 16LS, but still has some grain in the highs. Would upgrading the caps in the audio circuit be beneficial here as well?

Thanks,
Don
phantombox
Regular
Regular

Post by phantombox »

Hello JeffreyBehr.
I would also like to receive the schematics for the 16LS, if you don't mind.