Channel Islands Transient MKII dac

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
eagle6014
Pro
Pro

Channel Islands Transient MKII dac

Post by eagle6014 »

Yup I now have another dac. I must admit that I'm liking all the newest compact gear coming out lately. The small size and high quality is appealing. I just got it yesterday so I'm still working with it. Initially it would not play anything but 44.1. I had to find out why and after reading an obscure review the answer was there. On JRiver Media Center 21 I had to change to ASIO as the preferred audio driver. After that simple adjustment 192 was achieved. I also picked up the optional outboard power supply. Just over a grand through Music Direct. The McCormack dac I had is gone. I cannot have too many toys.
Attachments
Channel Islands dac.jpg
Channel Islands dac.jpg (3.6 MiB) Viewed 315 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Channel Islands Transient MKII dac

Post by admin »

Very nice. Do you have a lot of digital material above CD quality? I am frequently browsing HDtracks.com but the high price (and the fact I love physical media) keeps me away. One of these days I'm going to have to upgrade my dac but I love the sound of my vintage CJ D/A-2b. I still have my fingers crossed that CJ will release a modern DAC with more than just a USB input.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
eagle6014
Pro
Pro

Re: Channel Islands Transient MKII dac

Post by eagle6014 »

I only have 4 down loads from the HDtracks web site. But I see the CD losing ground in popularity. I think if your going to get a dac, go ahead and get a DSD one. Might as well go for broke and get the best.