Magnepan MG 20.1 speaker repair and wiring diagram

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Magnepan MG 20.1 speaker repair and wiring diagram

Post by admin »

I recently aquired a set of Magnepan 20.1 speakers and it seems like the bass/mid panel on my left speaker was damaged. I disassembled the outer covering of the speaker and sent the panel back to the factory. As my speaker was already modded, it made the wire connections a little difficult to discern as the original color coded wires were replaced with custom (but uniform) wires. I figured some people may be interested in what the 20.1's look like taken apart and I found it very difficult to find the wire output diagrams for the actual panels.

I am happy to report that the speakers are now functioning and sound absolutely amazing! :)

Here is the front grill and wood seperated from the actual speaker mdf board and panels.
655r.jpg
655r.jpg (161.88 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
And here is the speaker re-attached to the front wood cover.
656r.jpg
656r.jpg (142.76 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
Another picture.
657r.jpg
657r.jpg (151.85 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
And last, here is the wiring diagram for the left and right speaker. Note that the output wires are not mirror images.
Magnepan 20.1 panel wiring1.jpg
Magnepan 20.1 panel wiring1.jpg (144.22 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.