Club meeting in Phoenix this week featuring the Classic 60 SE poweramp

From tubes to solid state.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Club meeting in Phoenix this week featuring the Classic 60 SE poweramp

Post by jeffreybehr »

Couldn't find a better place for this, so in Amplifiers it is.

The Arizona Audio Video Club will feature a new c-j Classic 60 SE poweramp* and my much-improved MET1, 6-channel, tubed preamp at its regular monthly meeting on January 27th, 7PM, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Phoenix. Source equipment will be my Oppo '105 disc player and another member's memory-card player plus excellent powerconditioning and all cable, and my much-improved Audio Physic Avanti III speakers which are now biamplified. Guests are welcome, and refreshments will be available.

Come hear how good this 60WPC stereo amp sounds driving my 87dB-(in)sensitive speakers in a fairly large room.

Pls e-mail me at jeffreybehr(at)cox(dot)net for details.

* Graciously loaned to us by my friend Lew Johnson; TYVM Lew!
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Club meeting in Phoenix this week featuring the Classic 60 SE poweramp

Post by admin »

Wow, that sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. I wish I was not living on on the East coast,.... :(
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

admin wrote:... I wish I was not living on on the East coast,.... :(
...probably for more than one reason, at least this WE. I hope you back-easters are surviving the storm without too much trouble.

---------------------------

I'll post meeting pics.
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Yes, now that's a classic- the Classic 60SE is classic in every sense of the word. Although I upgraded from the MV60SE, and as much as I love the sound of what the Classic 60SE offers, I must proudly state "it is butt ugly!" I would really liked it if cj did one of those special covers on the tranny's like they used to with the earlier Premier series (Prem11, prem 12's & prem 8's), why the hec couldn't they place some nice decent looking covers or least cover the top half of the tranny's, then perhaps only when the cage is off, you actually see all the ugliness.
Nonetheless, on the much brighter side, the sound is simply superb! So whatever one says about the looks or how it doesn't really blend in with other cj gear having nice covers on them, this is one amp that can very easily compete with the best.
I have even driven a fairly large Audio Analysis ribbon speaker (Omega's) with this thing for comparison against the McIntosh MC452 and MC275 monoblocks, the classic 60SE just did everything better (not in sheer power/muscle but in musicality). It is an absolute delight to have and matches quite well with a majority of quality preamps. Doesn't have to be very highend, of course as you partner the classic 60SE with better top-end gear, the better it will perform and deliver an incredible soundstage. I'm currently using it with the ACT2 Series 2, and I don't see any point or justification in the extra spend to the GAT or ART at this stage. Perhaps on a totally different system, the GAT or ART could be justified but then we're talking about a complete overhaul of the system, including the speakers.
Enjoy the Classic 60SE, it will not disappoint, infact I am sure some orders will be placed.
Cheers, RJ
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Hey there, any updates from your club meeting Re. to the classic60se? Great to learn any findings and your experiences.
Just got my quads back, the classic60se is doing a marvelous job once again.
Cheers, RJ