Prem 11A with problems in the filament power circuit?

From tubes to solid state.
ReneZ
Beginner
Beginner

Prem 11A with problems in the filament power circuit?

Post by ReneZ »

Hi Team, need some help (don't we all :-) ).

I have a Premier 11A that lost all power. We looked into it and noted the F2 fuse blown (4A, SB) understood to be for the filament. The diodes and the board in place have been quite hot. When I replaced the fuse and switched the power on (with all tubes removed) the fuse was ready to let go and we switched it off quickly. I was puzzled by this as all tubes were removed, but note from the schematic that there also seems to be a filter on the rectified part before going to ground. Sorry, I'm not very familiar with the correct 'speak' but wa greatly helped when a friendly soul put the schematic on the site.

Is there any experience with this and what are the culprits to look for? It seems very simple, but have been fooled before....

Thanks, Rene
ReneZ
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Prem 11A with problems in the filament power circuit?

Post by ReneZ »

As an update - we found a faulty diode in the rectifier bridge. Renewed all just to be sure and it's playing like a charm again. :-)
Dommi
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Dommi »

Hi ReneZ,
i see that your post is a little bit older but i hope you can help me. I have a Conrad Johnson P11A and i want to change the power fuse.
Can you tell me how to disamble the amplifire or can you tell me where the fuse is ?
Maybe you have some photos ?
Thank you

BR
Dommi
Dommi
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Dommi »

Sorry i forgot another question. The power transformer is getting hot while playing. It works fine but while playing i cant let my hand on it because its to warm. Is this the same at your amplifire ?
Thanks
BR Dommi