CJ GAT and ART monos are simply stunning ....

From tubes to solid state.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

CJ GAT and ART monos are simply stunning ....

Post by joeinid »

I've had the GAT/ART combo set up since Sunday night 9/8/13. OMG! I can not tell you how awesome these magnificent pieces sound. This GAT is my second time with one. I sold my first one and could not get the sound out of my head. I HAD to replace it. I've had several preamps (and amps) come and go, but something was missing, until now. Once again, I have beautiful music in my room. My speakers disappear and the music hangs in the air in front of me. I feel I could reach out and grab the singer or an instrument. Tubes rock! There's a big, full sound that's hard to believe. These are truly state of the ART, no pun intended. :D
pstrisik
Super Pro
Super Pro

Re: CJ GAT and ART monos are simply stunning ....

Post by pstrisik »

Congratulations Joe! It's what we all strive for. My system now allows me to know what that means. It was always a little abstract until I experienced the music lift from the speakers. I still have that little bit missing, but it feels less so as I settle into the music with this system. I've spent more than I ever thought I would between the Cary SLP-05 and C-J LP125Ms. Worth it, but I can't see going much further (famous last words, eh?).

I imagine your speakers play no small part in the mix as well. I have no experience with Revels nor with TAD. I looked up the latter and they appeal to me greatly, though way out of my range.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Peter

Dennis Had Inspire LP-2 preamp
Dennis Had Inspire KT150 amp
Thorens TD-145 MkII
Restored AR 2ax', Omega Super 7 XRS Alnicos
Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6/DAC Magic +
[/color]
Ray
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Ray »

After 20 plus years of mixing tube preamps with SS amps... Never of the same manufacturer, I'm about to fix both issues.
In a couple weeks I will own preamp (GAT) and Amps (ART monos)

The GAT / JC 1 combo is wonderful, but it's time for a change.
-------------------------------------------------
Magnepan 20.7
Conrad Johnson ART 300
Conrad Johnson GAT V2
Meitner MA 1 V2
Custom Server running MC 23
Dual Synology 1512+ 12 TB total storage
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Peter,

Thank you so much. My TAD CR-1's have a tendency for the treble to be a little forward. I hope the GAT/ART makes the most of them. Time will tell. My Revel Studio2 are just outstanding.

Ray,

Congratulations my friend. Finally that sweet GAT of yours will get the amplifiers it deserves. Enjoy.