Looking into buying a MF 2200

From tubes to solid state.
Tankpopper
New User
New User

Looking into buying a MF 2200

Post by Tankpopper »

hey guys, im neew to this forum and might be part of the CJ family soon!

in a couple of hours im going to bring an MF 2200 to audition. my speakers are Tannoy 3808 (15 inch dual concentrics). powre wise, this amp is a complete over kill, thats for sure, but extra power never hurts anyone..

question is, did anyone try this combo before or has any input to give on it? also, what issues should i look for with that unit? any known problems?

price is about 5000 nis (israeli sheckel - the local currency) which is roughly 1200$

thank you for your time and help!

Tank out.
Good Dog Jocko
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Looking into buying a MF 2200

Post by Good Dog Jocko »

I have the C-J MF-2250, which is a later version of the MF-2200. I have had zero problems with my amp in well over a decade. C-J solid state is not known to have any significant problems and the company will fix any product they ever built as long as parts are available. I bought my amp as a lifetime investment, knowing that as long as C-J is around, service would be available.

I will probably take my C-J MF-2250 to the grave with me. I have never yet heard anything that wants to make me upgrade. It drives my VMPS ribbon monitor speakers to perfection, and the VMPS Neopanel midrange driver is about the most transparent midrange that ever existed in a loudspeaker.

If the MF-2250 had any serious deficiencies I think I would have heard it since 2001. The only way I could advise if the MF-2200 was priced right in your country would be by how it compared to the MF-2250. It should be priced at some discount to the MF-2250 in similar condition, a later and improved model.