Speakers for CJ MF 2200 and PV2 combo

From tubes to solid state.
rromeo923
Frequent User
Frequent User

Speakers for CJ MF 2200 and PV2 combo

Post by rromeo923 »

Was wondering if any one had a speaker recommendation for the aforementioned amp/pre set up.
I am currently running some Polk SDA 1C (modded) speakers that sound pretty amazing w/ the CJ's. I have also listened with some AR4x and "The Smaller Advents".
It has entered my mind that this amp/pre combo would work nicely with some speakers that were more modern and more detailed etc. Not really sure.

Anyway is anyone running a similar setup or if anyone just wants to opine please do so.
Let me know what you think would be nice.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Speakers for CJ MF 2200 and PV2 combo

Post by admin »

If you are looking for "modern and detailed" may I ask if you have thought about planar speakers? I use Martin Logan Vantages and listening to a planar speaker compared to conventional cone speakers is quite dramatic. The mid to highs on planar speakers are incredibly detailed as the there is minimal distortion thanks to the near massless driver (which is essentially nothing more than a huge thin film). There are both advantages and disadvantages to this technology but they do create a very unique sound. You may want to look at speakers from Martin Logan or Magnepann (there are many others) and try to do an audition if possible. If you crave detail, you may be a fellow planar guy, and not even know it! :)

Also, what is your price range as this will obviously have a big influence on what kind of gear is a possibility.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.