Classic 60se Speaker recommendations

From tubes to solid state.
JLD
Beginner
Beginner

Classic 60se Speaker recommendations

Post by JLD »

Greetings;

I've had to make some changes to my old "B" system after losing a voice coil on a Mirage M3si and UPS destroying the C-J MF200 on it's way back to HQ. I now have a Classic 60se mated to a just re-tubed PV11 in a newly down sized room. I'm wondering what has worked well with the Classic 60se for others in the < $2k realm if possible. Room is 15x15, low listening levels of folk, jazz and Americana but, as a bass player, I do apporecitate a controlled low end. Also I'll probably be scouring the used market as this is not the main listening room but a small recording and rehearsal room. Appreicate your thoughts.

john
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Classic 60se Speaker recommendations

Post by roberto »

Hola John,
As a musician bass and guitar player too, I do like to understand the difference between a F and aF#. I do like a lot the Martin Logan electrostatic speakers. The Electromotions model ( $ 2500.00 retail ) is a classic. Many of the members perhaps like deeper bass, because at the specs, ML states their frequency response starting from 42Hz up to 23KHz +-3dB. I assure you that the bass is robust and well controlled. The minimum watts to drive this model is 20 watts to play circa 85 to 90dB SPL in your room. Give them a try.
The heart of this model lies the electrostatic diaphragm that weights less than air that it moves! Has being nominated several times and in a different places Product of the year.
Your 60SE will drive them easy with outstanding results!
https://www.martinlogan.com/electromotion/em-esl.php
My 2 cents for you!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
JLD
Beginner
Beginner

Post by JLD »

Thanks Roberto. I'l be sure to check them out.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As a long time user of Martin Logan speakers I 2nd roberto's recommendation. Their hybrid design really gives a nice balanced low end for those craving the detail of planar speakers but not wanting to sacrifice lower frequencies.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.