Repurchased my ET250S--yaaaaaaaaa!

From tubes to solid state.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Repurchased my ET250S--yaaaaaaaaa!

Post by jeffreybehr »

Am fantisizing about buying a pair of Revel Ultima2 Salon2s, which are rather insensitive* at around 86dB/2.83V/1M and somewhat low impedance, dipping to c. 3 Ohms IIRC. I asked my buddy if he'd sell the '250 back to me and he said yes--so it's staying at my house.

I've used this amp with the very sensitive (97dB) Serenity Super-7s and my much-improved Audio Physic Avanti IIIs (c. 88dB). It sounded excellent driving both, so I'm ready!

* just one result of all those energy-consuming passive devices in all those 4th-order filters. Apparently every slope in these crossovers is 4th-order!
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
Saab77
Regular
Regular

Re: Repurchased my ET250S--yaaaaaaaaa!

Post by Saab77 »

This is great to hear! I have both an ET 250 and a prem 350 ( which I bought subsequently ) . Although the Prem 350 is such a dynamic machine , I still struggle to part with the ET 250S . It is different sounding. It has a more holographic and a tad softer presentation of the music-great for soft music and vocals . Swapping back from the et 250 S to the prem 350 is like switching suddenly from a 3D 100 inch screen display to a 4K 130 inch screen (flatscreen ) , Soundstage is flatter but bigger and more detailed and illuminated. Which is better? I enjoy both !

Let us know how you go with the Salon 2 s.