lp66s to lp70s ?

From tubes to solid state.
andonis
Regular
Regular

lp66s to lp70s ?

Post by andonis »

I'm thinking an upgrade to my power amp LP 66S my pre is ET-5. My dealer has an LP70S in a good price. Does it worth the upgrade LP66s to LP70s ????????
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: lp66s to lp70s ?

Post by Big Dog RJ »

yes mate, definitely!

as I mentioned in another post, the LP series takes the performance to another level, and the LP70s is a definite upgrade in performance. you will be surprised at how far above this 70s performs at, even with the 6550 tubes. place in the kt120's and the performance goes up by a slight notch not too big a margin.

This is not to say that the LP 66s is no good or not good enough, it is another superb amp for what it can do within limits. I have also tried the LP66s with kt120's and there was a nice sonic upgrade in terms of power and control in the bass. However, the LP70s takes this to another level altogether, you won't be disappointed.

and with top notch speakers, the LP70s will really deliver the performance on your lap!
This is another superb design by cj, shame they discontinued it, replaced by the Classic series but I strongly believe cj will be introducing a new 70w sometime next year...

Cheers and have a good one. matching this with the ET5 will be one SOTA combination!
RJ
andonis
Regular
Regular

Re: lp66s to lp70s ?

Post by andonis »

Thanks Big Dog RJ. My LP66s is with kt120... I'll do the same in my new LP70s