Taking Delivery of a MF2550

From tubes to solid state.
stereo5
Regular
Regular

Taking Delivery of a MF2550

Post by stereo5 »

I am taking delivery on Friday (8-18-2017) of a used MF2550 amp (not the SE). I didn't have the ability to hear it prior to purchase. The amp will be mated to a Rogue Audio RP-5 Tube Preamp and the new Golden Ear Triton Reference speakers. Sources are either a VPI Prime turntable, an Esoteric Audio SACD player, Sony Music Server or Magnum Dynalab tuner. Total cost of my system including cables, ect is in the 45K range.

I listen to mostly Rock and Jazz and I am hoping my system mates well with the amp. Presently I am using an Odyssey Stratos Extreme amplifier which I have had for 6 years and sounds quite good. I am hoping this will be a forward move and not backwards like others have said on different forums. Any thoughts or reassurances? This is my first post here.

Thank you
Bob
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Taking Delivery of a MF2550

Post by admin »

First, welcome to CJO. It's great to have you with us!

I'm sure you will be very happy with the MF2550. It's a great amp. Let us know what you think.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.