Shipping to Conrad Johnson

From tubes to solid state.
camiablue
Frequent User
Frequent User

Shipping to Conrad Johnson

Post by camiablue »

Hi,

I have own a MF2300 for a year now and the power button broke. I called Conrad Johnson and I have to send it to Virginia for service. It's a heavy piece of equipment to mail from California. Would it be recommended to use a local technician instead? I am in San Jose, CA.

Thank you,
Kevin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shipping to Conrad Johnson

Post by admin »

Hi Keven,
Welcome to the site. Replacing a power button I would imagine is pretty easy. If you open up the MF2300, you should be able to see how the power button is fixed to the chassis. It might be as easy as a few screws and reattaching the wires. Just a quick online search shows what appears to be a small metal housing around the power switch. I would just take a close look and see how accessible the switch area is. If you don't feel comfortable doing the work yourself, then you can get a price estimate from both CJ or a local technician and then make a comparison.

If you are certain that it is just the power button is malfunctioning, this is a pretty simple 20 minute DIY project.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
camiablue
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by camiablue »

Awesome. I will try that tonight.

Thank you!!
camiablue
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by camiablue »

Thanks Admin!

I couldn't wait and went home during lunch and ticker with MF2300. You were right. I took the switch apart and the copper piece inside was a bit loose. Reset it and the switch is working fine. I guess I should be more "gentle" turning it on and off. I didn't realize how easy it is to knock it loose.

Thank you again!
Kevin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad it worked out! Saved you a couple of bucks and if it happens in the future you know how to fix it now.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.