Premier 11A mono mod?

From tubes to solid state.
ducati748
New User
New User

Premier 11A mono mod?

Post by ducati748 »

Hi folks

I'm new to the forum. I'm looking so see if anyone have done a bridge mono mod on a Premier 11A. I'm in the process of building a 3 way active crossover speakers. I currently have 1 premier 11A would like to have that modified into a mono block, will eventually pick up another 1 or 2. I'm looking to run tube amps in the mids and highs, solid state for the low end. This is a large box with all JBL pro drives and compression drivers horn for highs.

I haven't called CJ yet but would like to see if anyone have had this done.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Premier 11A mono mod?

Post by roberto »

Hola ducati748. I do recommend to you to write to Conrad Johnson, addressed to the service Dept, and ask them what do you want to do. 30 years ago, I did a mod for my beloved MV-50s. I took one input resistor to ground with a value of 100K ohms, and connected both channels together right at the input. Because they were connected together, the input R or L would be the same. At the speakers connector I did put two jumpers, from 16 ohms L to 16 ohms R. Being them bridged, the total impedance came to 8 ohms. (parallel connection). Also another jumper from C L to C R, and used the 8 ohm tab. This way I got the power that I was seeking. The sound was better without the bridge mode, but this way, I got the guts that I was seeking. But ask them if you can do this to your amplifier model. They are very handy people with the right advice! Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Nando22
Regular
Regular

Post by Nando22 »

Hi.

I think this treath will be very usuful for this matter.
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/t ... es.189515/

Regards.
F
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Great suggestion Nando22. Here is jeff Fischel email address: jeff@conradjohnson.com. Write to him and find out more about costs and mods for all Conrad Johnson gear! He is a very humble, handy man! Conrad Johnson now its offering to all C-J goods, the possibility to up-grade for a much better sound! Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.