Premier One Service Manual

From tubes to solid state.
sunsprit
Beginner
Beginner

Premier One Service Manual

Post by sunsprit »

Hi Folks.

I have been trying to open up the ZIP file Prem One Service Manual which I downloaded from this site. Unfortunately, I've had no success with PeaZip or WinZip to do so. Has anybody downloaded & opened up this manual, and converted to PDF or Word File?

If so, could you take a moment of your time to email same to me? I'd sure appreciate all your help.

Respond and I'll DM you my email address. Thank you for your help, I'm looking forward to getting my Prem One back in service.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Premier One Service Manual

Post by admin »

Not sure what the problem is? I just tried it out myself, downloaded the zip file, opened it up with peazip, extracted the Premier 1 pdf file. What part is not working for you?

Anyway, I'll just post the file as an attachment here just in case.
Attachments
ConradJohnson_PremierOne_p1.pdf
(41.76 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
sunsprit
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sunsprit »

Thank you for responding so quickly to my inquiry. You've attached the Premier One schematic, and the pdf file downloaded beautifully.

What I am seeking , however, is the Premier One Service Manual.

Could you perhaps take a moment and unzip that manual into the pdf format and attach that file?

I would be most grateful if you would do so. My thanks in advance for all your help.

I'm not sure what is causing my problem with peazip. When I ask the file to be extracted/unzipped with peazip, it simply doesn't do it. When I double-click on the unzipped file, my computer asks what program to use to unzip. But I don't get the option in the drop-down menu to use peazip, as if my computer doesn't recognize the program loaded in memory like the other unzip programs (such as WinZip) that I have downloaded. Yet the peazip icon is on my desktop and will open as a program when I click on it. Sorry, I'm not very computer literate and all of my friends that have tackled this trying to help me have only been able to replicate my failure.

Again, my thanks in advance for all your help to get the Service Manual opened up and downloaded.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad you were able to download the file from the above link. Not sure why your computer doesn't seem to want to open the zip file appropriately, it may be something specific to your computer. If you are using Windows 10, you should not even need any accessory program as it is able to open zip files by itself.

The file that I posted is the only one we have for the Premier One on our site. The manuals were actually hosted on the CJ site itself. I just tried that and it looks like CJ broke those links when they upgraded their site recently. I'm going to have to look into where they are storing those user manuals now (I hope they did not permanently remove them).

EDIT: So looks like they are still hosting them on their site but they are not linked and they moved the directories around. Some googling and investigation tells me they are still there. You can download the Premier One user manual directly at this link: http://conradjohnson.com/owners-manuals/prem1man.PDF
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
sunsprit
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sunsprit »

Thanks again for your help.

As the original owner of this amplifier with all the factory packaging/crate, I have the Owner's Manual and Schematic binder.

What I was hoping to locate was a "Factory Service Manual" for it which might assist in the restoration of the amp.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm really not sure if such a manual exists as I have never seen one for a CJ product. In terms of official documentation it's exclusively been the user manual, schematics, and parts list that I have encountered.
-admin