CJ PV10A

The PV-1 to now...
mcnaget
Beginner
Beginner

CJ PV10A

Post by mcnaget »

Hello , CJ owners i would like to ask some one to post picture of inside where the transformer is , with the ground wires , i have some hum when the preamp is connected to power amp , this is a 220v version of preamp and some one before me is upgrading this with iec inlet and i can see there are two ground one on the chasis and one on the board.

THX

Best regards
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CJ PV10A

Post by admin »

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you may have a ground loop issue. If you have a RCA to RCA ground loop isolator you can easily diagnose the problem.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
mcnaget
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mcnaget »

THX for your kind welcome , i have some ground problems with my CJ PV10A it is 220v version whe measuring rca connectors main out i get 20mV on each rca and when i connect the cable i get hum from speakers if i pull out interconnect just a little that barell of IC doesnt touch the rca only the midlle pin in use then the hume is gone , would apriciated som help on this.

THX Rergards
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sounds like a potential ground loop. What I would do to confirm is to buy something cheap like this: http://www.amazon.com/Raptor-GL15-Groun ... 0009O19LQ/.

You put that in the signal path and if the hum goes away then you are 100% sure it's a ground loop issue. Getting rid of ground loops can be easy as reversing a plug direction, or really hard. There are many online instructions on different methods but the first step is making sure it is a ground loop issue, and not something else.

I will also add, that I would not recommend keeping the ground loop isolator in the system even though it may seem to "solve the problem." I find that it lowers the sound quality substantially. Not in sense of static or noise, but rather it takes the "life" out of the music. I had ground loop issues in my system previously. I used mine as a diagnostic tool and not a fix.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
mcnaget
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mcnaget »

Hello ,

under the print board on the bottom side there are two wires i would like to remove them because i will remove complet phono section is it safe to do that and what are the purpose of these wires they comming from a orange capacitor in line section and all the way to phono section.

THX

best regards