Capacitors in a PV7

The PV-1 to now...
Kingseiko
New User
New User

Capacitors in a PV7

Post by Kingseiko »

Hi:
Can anybody tell me what might be a good replacement to the original capacitors (coupling and bypassing) in a PV7? The original are labeled "C-J D" in color and almost all of them except 1 are PP type. I believe those caps are manufactured by OEM for C-J but I have no idea who manufactured for C-J.

Thanks,
Mike
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Capacitors in a PV7

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the site. We have the PV7 schematics and parts list in our database, which you can find here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=128

Hopefully from the schematics you can figure out any replacement parts you would need. Hope this helps. Take care, and once again, welcome to CJO!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
amplifiersurgery
Regular
Regular

Re: Capacitors in a PV7

Post by amplifiersurgery »

Hi Mike, We have used Mundorf MCAP capacitors for dozens of CJ restorations in the past and these have worked very well. They have a very long life (over 10,000 hours) and have the same temperature tolerance as the original CJD capacitors. You can easily purchase these from our website (www.amplifiersurgery.com). Please feel free to do your own research first i.e. do not see this as an advertisement. Just that there is an option available for you. For signal path capacitors, you have the additional upgrade options of choosing Mundorf EVO series capacitors, which fit very well in the limited space that's available.