CJ PV2 upgrades

The PV-1 to now...
Marc
Beginner
Beginner

CJ PV2 upgrades

Post by Marc »

I've owned a the pv2 for awhile and all the caps have been replaced and wondered if there are any upgrades for the preamp.
Marc
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CJ PV2 upgrades

Post by admin »

Marc,
First welcome to the site, it's nice to have you! If you have a chance maybe you can post your setup to the "member system gallery" area as I'm sure we would all like to take a look at that beautiful PV2! :)

As for your question. I think the only upgrades I have heard people do to the PV2 is changing the tubes, upgrading the caps, and some will change the power cord to a universal adapter so they can use different cords.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Marc
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Marc »

There seems to be very little out there on the early cj pv series. I have seen upgrades to the power supply and wondered if anyone had personally completed the upgrade to 2A or the 2AR.
camusmuse
Pro
Pro

Post by camusmuse »

Marc wrote:There seems to be very little out there on the early cj pv series. I have seen upgrades to the power supply and wondered if anyone had personally completed the upgrade to 2A or the 2AR.

Not sure if upgrading to those revisions would yield as much difference as just replacing worn out components. Did you replace ALL the caps or just the PS ones? I have a PV1, and the simplicity is probably what I like most about it.
Marc
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Marc »

I did replace the pc's, all the other caps using Wima's and pio's. The upgrades that CJ did was to make the circuit simpler and improve the bass response. I was also curious if any owners had experimented with this series.

Marc