Original GAT vs new ET7?

The PV-1 to now...
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Original GAT vs new ET7?

Post by joeinid »

I’m curious if anyone gets a chance to compare the GAT vs the ET7, please let us know what you think.

Obviously the GAT2 is top dog, but I wonder what ultimately comes next. The ET7 or GAT?

I basically would love to know what I’d be giving up, if anything, by getting the ET7 instead.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Original GAT vs new ET7?

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Nowadays it’s probably GAT2 followed by ET7 series 2. At these levels, it’s very dependent on taste and other gear.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Totally agree. This is an old post but I finally was able to get the GAT2. Needless to say I’m very happy with that decision.

Now I’m a little torn with what CJ tube amp to pair with it. I have a few different speakers and it depends on what I value most.
OpenD
Regular
Regular

Post by OpenD »

I can thoroughly recommend a Classic 120se and if your after a bit more of a musical old school sound or tone, drop in some KT88 like I have! :D
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Great recommendation.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

I sincerely believe Joe, that with your AG Duo XDs, none other than the ART27A is the amplifier to have!

I've heard it with the exact same horns, plus driving a pair of ML hybrids, which were the Ren 15A, superb!
Read my post under the New ART27A tab, and you'll get the idea...

Although I would definitely recommend one and also order one without any hesitation, I'm affraid it won't do justice to full range stats, such as CLX's in a large room, plenty of ambient space to fill. However, in a smaller room setting with a benign load and much higher efficiency, the ART27A is outstanding! SOTA at it's finest!

Go for it Joe, you won't be disappointed, not one bit mate😉
Cheers and all the best, RJ