CJ Classic preamp options and help

The PV-1 to now...
tvcollector
Beginner
Beginner

CJ Classic preamp options and help

Post by tvcollector »

Hi All im new here and a big hifi fan i have recently purchased a CJ Classic preamp and thought it was a phono as well but research tells me its only preamp and if i wanted the phono stage i need to update it any chance anyone has any info on the update or parts list im pretty tech minded and would like to upgrade it myself? also updateing the original caps should i just go ahead and do them or stick with the original? cheers guys any help would be apreciated.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CJ Classic preamp options and help

Post by admin »

Unfortunately, we do not have the classic phono stage schematic in our database so if you wanted to build that from scratch you would need to find the schematic first. In all honesty, it would probably be much easier to get a stand-alone phono preamp (or build one if you are set on doing it yourself).
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola. Our Admin is right. The easiest way to do it, is to build or buy a stand-alone phono preamp. If you go this way, remember to try to get both types of cartridges. MC and MM. On the other hand, you could address your question direct to C-J. to Mr Jeff Fischel. He is a very handy person. You could ask him and perhaps he has the info that you are requesting. His email address is jeff@conradjohnson.com. Also, you can ask to Mr Fischel if you could upgrade your Classic to build the phono section and see if there is a kit for it. Remember to ask for MC. That is the type of cartridge that I do recommend for you. A little bit more expensive than MM, but much better high quality sound overall.
Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
tvcollector
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tvcollector »

Hi guys awsome i was thinking of that but thought id ask as i wanted it all in one unit for neatness but im toying with the idea of making the Marantz 7 preamp any suggestions and yes for MC cartridge. cheers
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can try making the Marantz 7. I think there is some mixed opinion about the sound quality with newer components. I found this thread that you may want to read: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php? ... 7c.247031/
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.