Recent News:

PV8 preamp high output

The PV-1 to now...
paco1964
Beginner
Beginner

PV8 preamp high output

Post by paco1964 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:36 am

Hi! I recently purchased a vintage PV8 preamp and a MF2200 power amp, but I have an issue: I can not put the volumne in the preamp over 25% because it seems to blow the amplifier, too loud... Is this right or there is a problem with the preamp?
The speakers I am using is a pair of Energy Veritas 2.8.

roberto
Pro
Pro

Re: PV8 preamp high output

Post by roberto » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Hola Paco...ya le escribí a Efrain. Con un divisor PI, te lo puedo hacer. Necesito que me traigás el pre y el amp...con todo gusto te lo fabrico.
Saludos,
Roberto.

Hello Paco... I just wrote to Efrain. Nothing is wrong with your preamp or your amp. The problem is that your PV-8 puts a lot of output voltage and your amp sensitivity is very low. With a PI attenuator, it can be done. I need you to bring both units to me. With much pleasure I can do it easily.
With the best,
Roberto.
ML CLX speakers, BF-210 sub, Classic One Twenty SE amp. ET-7 C-J pre. Exasound E-32DAC, Mac Mini i7, Anthem MCA-3 power amp, Anthem AVM-60, Oppo BDP-103. ML Stage X Center, Motion 4, BPTSignature 3.5 Plus condiciones.

paco1964
Beginner
Beginner

Post by paco1964 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:58 am

Roberto, very thankfull for your fast response and your fastest way to manage the modification on my PV8, the PI atenuator works very fine!
And thanks too for the change of the leaking capacitors an the advice on the rectificator diodes (I'll change them very soon).
The sond is great (as allways with CJ).
I'm very pleased to meet you, such a fine person.
Thank you very much!!!!!

roberto
Pro
Pro

Post by roberto » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Hola Paco,
Very nice meeting you too. Now your beloved PV-8 is back with the greatest sound of C-J. I´m glad that you are that cheerful and satisfied! Conrad Johnson sounds right!

Happy listening,
Roberto.
ML CLX speakers, BF-210 sub, Classic One Twenty SE amp. ET-7 C-J pre. Exasound E-32DAC, Mac Mini i7, Anthem MCA-3 power amp, Anthem AVM-60, Oppo BDP-103. ML Stage X Center, Motion 4, BPTSignature 3.5 Plus condiciones.