ET-7 follow up.

The PV-1 to now...
2bdude
Advanced
Advanced

Re: ET-7 follow up.

Post by 2bdude »

ET7 now has over 100 hours racked up. Body and musicality is just amazing. No syrupy sound at all. Crystal clear and tight quick bass continues to be ET7s strong suit.Image outlines are so clear with spacing excellent. Image size which is always a CJ strong point is there in spades.Top end extended clear and floats like feathers. Midrange still has that CJ magic and its top to bottom coherence is spot on. I have owned many preamps that were way more expensive that do not come close to this level of performance. Class A all the way!!!!!!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola...that is exactly what it is happening to me. The overall sound is crystal clear with the right harmonic texture, full of details, with the right size of the instrument(s). The vocals are projected right there, where they should be. The soloist instrument is also at the wide stage with a depth that challenges to the most expensive preamps on the market place. The bass is robust but with the right amount of it, and the cymbals are impressive. The dynamic contrast of the percussion instruments is like having then right here! I am intoxicated with the Conrad Johnson sound! Conrad Johnson sound right!

Another C-J product done right! The Conrad Johnson Team did a great job and their homework. This little fellow shines... My system is giving me a lot of goosebumps. I never thought possible to have so much musicality in my files. I am very pleased with this unit. Highly recommended!

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Great news Roberto.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Yes Joe, and it is continuing amazing me...what a great products!
Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola amigos,

I must tell you what it is happening with my sound system. It is improving even more. Now it is the clarity and transparency sound. Last night I was listening to Jacintha Abisheganaden. Her voice is so sweet and free of nasal sound. It is projected in my room, with a life-real-like sound. The recording is fantastic. The album's name is: Here Is To Ben. The Teddy Pardo power supply for my Exasound E-32 DAC is fully broke in. And also, of course, my C-J gear.
Now I have a sense of more 3D stage. The musician(s) have more air between them, and more feeling in the way that they are playing their instruments. No matter what instrument you start to listen, the behavior is the same: super quality sound. Now you have more distinguished type of recordings. My speakers disappeared in my room. Its like not having them at all...just a great stage with full size of the instruments and voices.
I have to admit that we are not as the real concert hall. I recently attended to a concert at our National Theatre to listen the Concert No. 1 of Nicolo Paganini. I had the time to choose the seat that I wanted, right at the center on the fifth rod. I had the whole orchestra (camera orchestra) in front of me, and I could listen the first violins, second violins, violas, cellos, double bass with much easy...and the harmonic texture of the strings. Winds were very nice too. And the Percussion. Wow, what kind of dynamics...here is were our recordings need to improve. I played my Iphone SPL, to check the level of a real orchestra just in front of me, and playing all the musicians together, never had over 92dB!!!
I am truly happy and having a lot if Nirvana. All I want to say is: Thank you Conrad Johnson, for giving much pleasure to listen to my music!
Happy listening!
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

So happy for you Roberto. Great report. There’s nothing like Conrad Johnson gear. It’s truly among the best.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Thank you Joe.

I forgot to mention that I have a Philips ECC-88 tube replacing the 6922 that came with the preamp. This tube is a super low noise...you can tell the difference in nuances of the music. The micro dynamics is where it acts. I feel much better resolution and more control at the bass...also sweeter sound over all.
All is a matter of liking, and now I am enjoying so much my system as never before.

The new album by Lyn Stanley, The Moonlight Sessions Vol 2, is one of those recordings that you like all the instruments and vocals, but you will like to hear perhaps newer songs. This is one of the best recordings on the market, to my ears, today. Do your best and try to listen some tracks and please let me know what do you think. I have all these fantastic musicians playing for me here, in my own room!
Conrad Johnson, you do sound right!

Happy listening!
bear
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by bear »

I am a season ticket holder to the Philharmonic. Live music is miles ahead of what recorded music sounds like even through the best systems. The conrad johnson electronics are, to my ears, the closest one can get to replicating the sound I hear in the concert hall (but really still not close). And yes the dynamics of a live orchestra is shocking! I remember the floor of the hall vibrating during the crescendos of the Mahler 5th. IMHO only horn type speakers come within a fraction of that dynamic sound. Enjoy your ET-7. Except for the GAT series 2 there is none better.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Yes, horn speakers are very good with dynamics, but my ears are more into the harmonic texture and timbre. Horn speakers sound to me like that..horn sound. Please do not get me wrong here. As you state with your liking, this is mine. Liking is like food. Some of us like garlic, other hate it!. We are like a kind of an audio chefs. And our recipes are what we like...
Happy listening!
bear
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by bear »

I like your food analogy. No combination of electronics, speakers, cables, etc. can be mixed together to sound like what I hear at live concerts. But we both agree that the conrad johnson design team comes closer than others in trying to replicate the impossible goal of sounding like music does in the concert hall.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Bear, I do believe that you are ahead on me. You have also very good electronics, and also, I do know the quality of the components that you have the access to, and the time that you had been doing comparisons with super good quality products. In other words, I do respect your hearing and listening sessions and what you had chosen for you.
Yes, cables and electronics make your speakers to sing. Its like doing a seasoning of your nourishment. And the taste it is a matter of your liking. You are the final judge and your ears are the tools for your final decision. In a today's world, full of thousands of great possibilities, there are so many variables on hand, that having or finding Conrad Johnson is our blessing. Of course it is not perfect. We have to use a linear devices to reproduce what it is logarithmic. The good thing is that, even the we are miles away of the real thing, as a live concert, on our system we can have the musician(s) playing for us and their feelings. And the recordings show their communication while playing in our own place. The dynamic contrast, the timbre, the size of the voices and musical instruments are granted in a way, that our brain understands it. This is is Kool. We are music lovers, and because of that, we search for the best and the way to have them playing for us and what we can afford.
I have a language barrier, and sometimes I might sound rude or trying to impose of what I do like. This is not my intention and I beg for your understanding...I am only reporting my findings in this marvelous world of the hi end sound. I have to admit too, that because the mic is very close to the instrument at recording, and what the musician(s) are doing, the overall resolution is better than at the live performance. I did not get at the concert hall what I am getting in some recordings, unless I am very close to the musical instrument. Also, we have at the recordings, the easiness to play back over and over, with the best seat at the event!
Happy listening!
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Extremely well said. I am happy you guys love your gear.